All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Monday, September 22, 2014

I Wish (anonymous)

The room is neat, without a sound And lonely as I look around Remembering yet another day You wanted me to stop and play. But I was busy, with things to do I didn’t have much time for you Or the verse you wanted me to hear. And my reply was, “Later, Dear.” My days were full of busy tasks No time for questions that you asked. You wanted to share the things you’d learned But when you looked, my back was turned. The years rush by; I wished I’d known That you would be so quickly grown. No longer holding out to me The need I was too rushed to see And now the toys are put away We’ve no more songs or games to play No good night kiss or stories to hear That’s all a part of another year. I wish I could go back again Relive those years as they might have been. And the little things you asked me to do I wish I’d made more time for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home