All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

“They grow up fast!”

In two days I heard it four times – “They grow up fast” so I thought I’ll write…


Sometimes I think about all those things I want to do – scrabble, writing, uninterrupted reading, cooking, working in an office, teaching and then I look at you. You really wont be around for long, will you? In an year you’ll be off to school and you’d want to play on your own or with other mates. Umma and dada will be merely spectators ha? Then you’ll go off to college and leave us alone home all day. I’ll be thinking about you and you’ll be thinking about millions of other things that do not include me. And then you’ll marry away and go for good and then I’ll be thinking I wish I had more time with her…. You'll leave us alone to grow old on our own!

So here is it Jan, This is your time… Bug me all you want and hug me all you want. I am for you and you will be for me just till you grow up and are able to change your own clothes and wash your own self and feed your own food… just till then…. Let me enjoy you and feel free to annoy me. Pull on my hair and nibble on my clothes, spill juice everywhere and tatter the newspapers; and when I’m cross, give me that awfully cute innocent smile which makes me laugh…

For I know “They grow up fast!”

2 Comments:

Blogger HILMI SULAIMAN said...

Oh, the turns in one's life. Your blog is a replay of your days on our laps.

The smiles.the words and the tears bring those days when there were no lap tops...........no chats and no email and No blogs

Yet we had a reflex 35mm camera.no auto focus. No pendrives..no hard disks either if I rememeber correct.
We had a desktop with two 5" floppy drives.

There were RPG 4, Basic and Dbase3.

we did study those.

Technology has changed all that to many things simple and taken for granted.

But somethings never change......

like the love of parents and their joy derived from the happines of their children.

You are our happiness as much as Jan is yours.......as we fade away in to the realms of the unknown.....

November 19, 2008 at 5:25 AM

 
Blogger Tasha said...

Thanks Dada for that wonderful piece.... I know now more than ever before how much you and mama would have had to go through for us!

November 19, 2008 at 5:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home