All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I was born and grew up in the other side of the world yet am raising my children here in the West. I climbed up the trees and swam in the rivers... my children have a closed play area with swings and slides. They have an over crowded pool, lots of toys and not much adult attention. Sometimes I sit down and think what I'm doing here. I come from Sri Lanka... and if you still haven't heard about it, its a little island in the south of India, although it is nothing like India. My children miss their grandparents very much. Thanks to skype they are not faraway. Grandparents are a important part of a child's life and sometimes feel it is unfair to take away that blessing from them. Jannah adores her Appa (grandfather). She doesn't understand why umama and appa have to go to bed when it is just getting bright and sunny for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home