All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Parenting user manual - where can I get one?

As I get some free time in my hands... here are my debates: Do I nap or Do I blog? 

It probably sounds very simple but to me I have to fight myself to a lose-lose situation no matter what I chose to do. The children are mostly nice but they both have their moments. Since they don't come with user manuals I have been reading up on parenting methods and to my surprise most of them are good techniques that really work. I also contribute to http://nextgenparenting.com/ as Fathima Sulaiman. I am also a member of a number of mum forums including babycentre and parenting.com. However when it comes down to parenting what works for you works for you! here are a few tips that work for me that you can try!

Try to make friends and family a part of your child's life: i try to go out of my way to arrange playgroups and the like to have the kids enjoy the company of others.

Frequently check in on your child: Ask them individually whether they are happy. If they are not, ask them then what would make them happy. Explain why or why not you can or cannot give them what they want.

Try to lead them into solving their own problems instead of solving them. avoid helicopter parenting and try to give them leads as to how they could solve their own problems. example: "try changing your shoes to the right feet" or "try pulling out your shoe tongue so it fits better"

And finally as always celebrate their achievements. Tell them when they did good and remind them of their past achievements. example: yesterday you did a great job cleaning up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ought to write it yourself... perhaps you'll make a million dollars....

I bet there are other parents who thought it up, though.

July 7, 2011 at 2:25 AM

 
Blogger Tasha said...

Yes I actually have so many ideas but I am too busy parenting and have no time to put down my thoughts into words... But yes this is a great idea and may be I soon will get to it!

July 8, 2011 at 11:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home