All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

3.5 moths! Yay!

Its two weeks since my parents left and it has not been easy without them. Apart from being unable to cook or take a shower in peace, just the ability to stay sane and look normal is increasingly challenging. Moosa on the other hand has become a very social baby. Seems to be making friends and smiling at everyone. No matter how sad or upset I am. when he smiles at me there is nothing I can do to avoid smiling back at him. Love him to the ocean and back. Even a simple errand like going to grocery store or getting a dental checkup done has become so difficult. I am truly helpless and I cant imagine how single mums do it alone. May God bless them!

I wish my parents could have stayed a bit longer. This is life and it must  go on.... Let me write later when I can think in peace....

I started the pacifier officially for Moosa today. it was like a breath of fresh air. I don't have to be a human pacifier any more, That sounds evil doesn't it. He is Masha Allah way above the charts in his weight. With all the vomiting we are pleased. He was so tiny when he came out. And he wasn't eating like the others. Also I had trouble nursing him which I didn't have with the others.
The problems with the pacifier
  • I don't know if he has eaten enough. I can't quite tell if he is actually hungry or he is passionately sucking just to satisfy the uncontrollable urge to suck.
  • it keeps dropping so i have to get back up and keep putting it back in
  • guilt - what if starts losing weight, then gets to 15 and blames me for his awful looking set of teeth?
  • What if it delays speaking?
  • What extensive studies have been done about this age old method of pacifying babies?
  • Will we be able to quit ?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/pacifiers/art-20048140


I am not sure if I will continue it but I guess its worth a try. We shall find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home