All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sleep dear baby sleep!

I don’t particularly believe in putting baby to sleep. I’d rather have her falling asleep on her own. Jannah’s grandma and dad enjoy rocking her to sleep. The dad’s rocking looks more like break dance moves and the grandma’s rocking can put an acrobat to sleep. Well to Jannah, one come’s as a ‘wake up’ call and the other as a ‘go to sleep’ bell. The problem for me is it that in the middle of the night when grandma and dad are both snoring away in deep slumber, I’m just too sleepy to be rocking her to glory so I pray and hope that she will just fall asleep like a miracle. I don’t use the soother. I don’t want her some day looking at the mirror and blaming me for a set of teeth that are not so beautiful. Am I too idealistic I wonder. Am I trying to achieve perfection? Am I a bad mum for not letting her artificially pacify herself.

When it comes to babies, nobody knows everything. All of us have been and will continue to make genie pigs of others. Pregnancy was nine months. Parenting is a never ending job. There’s no one to watch me but her. Chances are that she would never know or remember anything I do to her so this is one chance for a human being to be completely honest. And that aint that much a hard job for me. Those who know me know it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home