All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Dawn of Life!

The story of birth is a common one. Life starts before birth. The womb makes a remarkable home for an unborn child. Then comes birth – a mesmerizing and miraculous process by which a baby begins the journey towards the world...


It was two days past my due date and I was spending time with my family. We were out all day and had come home weary. Suddenly I felt the burst of a balloon inside me! My water had broken and everyone in the house was as agitated as disturbed butterflies. I got dressed and we made our way to the hospital. I could sense the nervousness in everyone's voice. Calls were being made back and forth. Wishes, prayers, tears and joy are among the fading memories I have of that special day – December 9, 2007!


The pain increased hour by hour and it seemed as if my thoughts were momentarily on full stop. Then it started – the urge to push. It was like she was in a mighty hurry to meet everyone... she came into the world in such a rush that even the doctor could not make it on time. One loud scream and there she was – Alhamdulillah! Our wonderful daughter, the joy of our hearts was born. My husband was tearful and my mum was praying all the time. Reality hit me all at once... this was my child and I was now a mother- Masha Allah! 


When I held her, it was hard to believe that she had finally arrived after months of anticipation and preparation. My husband recited the call to prayer in her ear and she was weighed. My mum and dad were overjoyed to be grandparents for the first time and my brothers were over the moon, too. When baby Jannah looked at me for the first time, it felt like it was worth the wait, the pain and the anxiety! Allah had blessed us with a beautiful healthy child and I could not have been more thankful. She is a lovable and adorable child growing fast into a little girl and a big sister. I miss her baby days and the sweet cries of a new born. Her birth story will always be special in my heart and I look forward to sharing it with her, when her time comes to be a mother Insha Allah!


When a child is born so is a mother!


Fathima Aashika Sulaiman
29 March 2010



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home