All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Getting to know this little new person

Life used to be boring a couple of months ago… so boring that I use to wait for someone to come online to chat with. Scrabulous, blogging, email and cooking made my day. The cold weather, the new environment, the frustrating time difference and even the people - no matter how friendly - all told me just one thing… “I want to be back home” I don’t belong here. But then with the coming of my mum, dad and bro to kill the silence and with the wonderful addition of this new little person, life thankfully takes a different twist for me.

Jannah is now almost 3 weeks young. She is Masha Allah progressing well like little newborns usually do. Already she’s outgrown most of her clothes. Gained a pound and very active. She’s been to two regular checkups by her pediatrician and they are more than impressed with her development. Alhamdulillah – I cannot be more thankful to God. I was always worried for her especially since my first two trimesters of pregnancy did not go well due to severe vomiting. I was always afraid that I was not taking enough for her. But Jannah- Masha Allah – seems to not have been bothered with any of that. She is perfect and pretty.

Jannah lives in a world of her own. Our faces probably last only minutes in her memory but everything she does lasts forever is ours. Watching her first smile… changing her and washing her… brings back all my doll memories of childhood. Only – this doll I have to be a lot more careful with. Her smile – it lasts only for a few mille seconds perhaps… but it’s enough to last forever in our hearts. We wait for her to open her eyes and look into ours. She is watching and wondering and learning. It’s amazing

On her 7th day Jannah had the rare privilege of having her head shaven by her father. After many attempts of trying to get her a barber, dad dearest volunteered to do it himself which turned out be quite a ceremony for us all. Gold equivalent to the weight of Jannah’s hair is to be given as a charity. Akeeka – sacrificing a goat in her name was also done. The meat was distributed among relatives and the poor.

Jannah is great. She has not yet started troubling us with the usual that babies do. I hope she continues that way. She has brought joy and a lot more to our life! Turned our winter into spring! Changed our fears into smiles! What makes me sad is that she’ll grow soon and I wont be able to enjoy her babyhood any more. Then will come her childhood along with greater responsibilities both for us and for her. We’d have to be in our best behavior in front of her. Well I hope that we will be good parents to her. For us – that’s more than just a duty or responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home