All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Waiting

I may not have the time to blog after the birth… so I thought of dropping in a few lines of what’s been going on with us. After our arrival in the US I hadn’t seen a doctor for three weeks because the necessary paper work had to get done before my visit to hospital. When we were finally there I had my third and hopefully last scan. It was comforting to know that everything was normal and going smooth. They had to take many tests for various reasons and legal procedures. At the end of the day we returned happy and relieved, Alhamdulillah. I have seen the gyno three times since then and I hope this week would be my last visit. The baby is active and she has brought me more knowledge than my degree ever did. I have read up so much on the whole process, attended birth classes and people now consider me experienced enough to even call for advice. Boy am I glad that I can help?

I wonder how are grandparents did it all. Bringing a life into this world is just a natural process… Sometimes I wonder why they make such a big fuss over here. May be there is a population growth problem. Coming to think of it I haven’t noticed very many kids, babies and pregnant ladies. People are sometimes thrilled to see my little bulge in supermarkets and malls. They fuss over it and ask me all kinds of questions.

The hospitals, doctors and nurses here are so friendly, caring and nice. I feel privileged and lucky to have the baby here. The hospital rooms are like hotel rooms and everything is just next to “great”. She is indeed a very gifted baby. MashaAllah

Ever since my parents and bro have arrived in the US I have had more time for myself… I’m relaxing, eating and not doing any house work. My mum cooks and cleans, my brother vacuums and I just laze around. I’ve gained weight but I don’t want to get used to it….

Now it’s a matter of waiting for that moment. My fears of the pain. My imagination of holding my very own baby for the first time. I am going to miss that she won’t be a part of my body anymore. I am always decorating her stuff and arranging her little cute clothes and belongings. I really cant wait to dress her up in those cute things and cuddle her. I hope that she would be all that we want and more.

Waiting… waiting…

3 Comments:

Blogger HILMI SULAIMAN said...

I put my comments once with tears of joy and anguish..but it was lost before I could post it.

Technology has overtaken this old man--my fingers touch the wrong keys and the notes vanish---

-our children teach me spelling, they politely correct my blunted manners- they guide me as Fazeena and guided them two decades ago.


My wife quietly supports us all without complaining- always our interest first.
Most of all they care

This is life- The cycle goes on and on.

Our children
they are better than us in many ways... yet to the parents the child is a child always

it is now their turn........

December 5, 2007 at 5:24 AM

 
Blogger HILMI SULAIMAN said...

The wait...the hope..the long wait the fear...all these blend into what is called the parents.............all these but occur just once in a life time.......the first time.....the first heir.the first experience whichs last a lifetime.

About two decades ago we waited for you to arrive my dear child... in a set up very similar to now.

Your mum and I waiting, talking, whispering and listening to the tiny kicks inside mum's belly....

The grandparents in the next room just as we are now

Nappies..Pillows...kits and all

but no uncles to help in setting up the cot or the room.

We waited in hope, shopping, listening. planning and dreaming of you......the unknown child , sex not known... no scans.....NO KNOWLEDGE of this God's gift . No blogs to put our thoughts into electronics.

Today , you know she is coming.......then it was different--she or he was in Allah realm .

Perhaps it was more thrilling ..

Little dreams....took shape...

and about two decades later my eyes are wet when it is your turn.... as you wait for the moment........

Mum and I have watched silently the preparations you are making.the clothes.the room...the crib and above your maturity and the glow in your face...as it was in your mum's ..............in 1984.

we the grandparents are waiting by your side perhaps annoyingly at times........ with our archaic habits, manners, technology and even spelling.....

Yet nothing has changed,


The love of a parent towards a child...more for the first one..

The advice

Warnings.

words of love and care..

This is life ...and two decades hence ..
Our dear child yes thats what you lay will be ....a child, ...when I am memory.it will be you tun......


and you will write..love and give of your love to your heir.

May God be with you and Bru
always.... by your side..

Together make a nest for her...your new permanent guest-- so that she will never be alone or lost as you are...

dad n mum

December 5, 2007 at 6:46 AM

 
Blogger Tasha said...

That was beautiful ...

March 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home