All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Haroon Gems

Masha Allah! He's five
He's in that age where he has come to realize his existence. He is just mastering the art of reading. He already won second place in kindergarten - his first spelling bee - competing against 37 students. He is also good at memorizing Quran and I couldn't be happier.  Here are some golden moments.

-------

First day of Prek. Teacher asks all the children to name things that are red colored. some says rose, some say raspberries, others say strawberries. When Haroon is asked, he says calmly "blood".

Another day in Prek
Teachers asks each student what they want to be when they grow up. One says doctor. One says engineer. Another says fireman. Haroon says "I want to be a Daddy"

Meanwhile a home....

me: Haroon why did you bring back half your parata from school? why didn't you eat it?
Haroon: Mummy, the meat finished before the parata.
me: sigh

So this week Haroon had to cut and paste pictures that begin with the letter "G". He decided he was going to draw out the pictures himself and then cut and paste them. He did it very fast within a matter of minutes. When I checked his book I saw many pictures. I was particularly interested in a picture of a stick man running and asked him what that was. He kept saying "Go". After taking a closer look I realized that in his baby handwriting he had written "ready, set, go".

Then I saw the next picture which looked like a computer drawn, I pointed at it said that doesn't begin with g, does it? He had written something there but I couldn't read the word. "Mommy" he says "That's Gmail".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home