All about the babies and a little more! The days are long but the years are short.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Red light to nurse

One of the most difficult things fro me to do as a mother is to stop nursing my youngest. The very thought, brings me tears... He cant understand why he has to go through this and I cant explain it to him... I just have to let him cry it out and it is as hard for me as it is for him. He will be two in four more months. I try to remember the freedom that the weaning off gave me. Being able to go wherever  and wear whatever...

As people start enlarging their eyes when I tell them I'm still nursing my toddler, I feel sad. Its such a blessing... I would admire someone for their patience... People think its easy. Let me tell you, its not...

You almost never get a good night's rest
You are hot and sweaty
You are in pain even when you are not nursing
You have to hold another person who is pretty heavy and be sure not to drop them.
You have to work around a toddlers schedule and be able to interrupt any thing you do any time, for them
You are hungry or thirsty all the time
You are tired and nobody understands why, because they don't see you running a marathon
You hate those who make it trivial


So if you see someone who is selfless enough to nurse, stop and appreciate them for a minute. Encourage them and be happy for them. It is the least you could do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home